Jan. 26, 2022
『 Faculty Recruitment | One Project Faculty Position 』
The Master's Program in Biodiversity (MPB) invites applicants for one Project Faculty Position (Assistant Professor or above), starting from August 1, 2022. This program focuses on Biodiversity Science, as well as Biodiversity Conservation and Sustainability. It aims to cultivate global talents with competencies in biodiversity management.
◉ Documents required for application include:
1. Curriculum Vitae including nationality, date of birth, education background, summary of research field, working experience, the publication list from past seven years (please provide individual pdf files, published after August 1, 2015)
2. A personal statement indicating a commensurate position (Project Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor) to be applied and the important contribution of designated representative paper (3 at most). The representative papers should be published in respected international journals and published within past five years (after August 1, 2017). For applicants applying as a Project Assistant Professor and who received their doctoral degree within past three years (after August 1, 2019), their dissertation can be considered as the representative paper
3. Statement of past teaching experiences
4. Teaching plans, please provide at least 4 course syllabi. Interdisciplinary co-lecturing is welcome
5. Certificate of a doctoral degree
6. Transcripts from undergraduate and graduate courses (for those applying to the Assistant Professor position only)
7. Three letters of recommendation (sent by the referees directly through email to: email@example.com)
For the "one Project Faculty Position", the responsibilities contains:
A doctoral degree and capability of teaching in English are required. The successful candidate is expected to teach at least 16 hours per week (including 9 hours of General Courses for the whole school or college). It's preferred to offer graduate students' Professional Courses and undergraduate students' General Courses as below (at least 3-4 courses or similar course titles):
"Field Work in Ecology: Practicalities and Data Analysis",
"Linear and Generalised Linear Modelling in R",
"Experimental Design in Ecology",
"Ecosystem Service Evaluation",
"Human Dimension in Biodiversity",
"Ecosystem Service and Sustainability",
"Economic Analysis in Biodiversity",
"Ecological Application in Geographic Information System (GIS), and / or "Biostatistics".
Please send all the required documents (as PDFs) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: NTU Faculty Position_MPB_Applicant name).
The deadline for submitting all documents is March 31, 2022 (GMT+8).
◉ Website of MPB: https://mpb.ntu.edu.tw/
◉ Contact: Ms. Mei-Cheng Shih (Email: email@example.com , Tel: +886-2-3366-5712 ext. 17)
Master's Program in Biodiversity, National Taiwan University